mardi 23 janvier 2018

MOSAIC ARTISTE !

Born in Stockholm (Sweden), I've been living in Paris since I graduated from University.
For 15 years I was working as fashion-designer, spending a lot of time in India. I did also live and work in Algiers for 3 years and it was in Algeria I first met with the mosaic. In Tipasa, Timgad and other Roman remains.
In 1989 I became a fulltime working mosaiste. With Oswaldo Rossi, we did open our workshop K.O.MOSAIQUES next to Paris. We are specialized in decorative mosaics. I cannot count the numbers of bathrooms, swimmingpools, hammams etc we have decorated in France and abroad. For example, Hotel George V in Paris, Castel Beranger (Hector Guimard), Samaritaine, Chateau de Marienthal (Paris) Also some officiel commisions : La ville d’Issy les Moulineaux, La ville de La Courneuve.....
In 2004 I became "Meilleurs Ouvriers de France" in Mosaïque d'Art". It took me more than 900 hours to achieve my masterpiece.
Since 2006 I'm teaching in "La Maison de la Mosaïque Comptemporaine" in Paray-le-Monial.
Nowadays I'm concentrating on personal mosaic works, telling the universe of women. Like this, I do feel coming back to where I started, into fashion. In memory of all these wonderfull women I met while travelling. The shine of the smalti and the gold-tessereas, reminds me of the brightness of the paper in fashion-magazines.
I have been participating with: 
- Biennale de Chartres en 2014 «Guardami» 70 x 88 cm 
- Quelques-Unes at the Maison de la Mosaïque Contemporaine à Paray-le-Monial in 2015, «Place Vendôme»  46 x 60 cm,«Guardami» 70 x 88 cm, »Norma Jeanne» 54,5 x 45,5, »Den gula hatten» 46 x 60cm
- Biennale de Hazebrouck in 2015, «Place Vendôme» 46 x 60 cm, «Femme en bleu devant sa glace» 45,5 x 54 cm.
- AIMC in Spilimbergo (Italie)2016 «Femme en bleu devant sa glace» 45,5 x 54 cm.
 - Biennale de Chartres in 2016 «Blomsterkransen» 62,5x62,5 cm
- Biennale de Hazebrouck in 2017, «Miss Luna» 46 x 60 cm, «Les Corsages»  52 x 88 cm.
- À la Maison de la Mosaïque Contemporaine à Paray-le-Monial, en 2018, «Offrande à Theodora» 70 x 88 cm accompagné de «Fauteuil Bleu»
- In 2018 you will probably find my work in Paray le Monial, Charnoz and AIMC. And in the biennale de Chartres.
Karin Ljunghorn


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire